We are currently undertaking several major property and commercial development projects in the Klang Valley.
Click here to find out more >
At YWC, we uphold good teamwork. Our team of constructors and engineers continue to impress and successfully completed projects:
• Upgrading & infrastructure works for SJK(C) Chung Kwo, Off Jalan Loke Yew, K.L.
• Building & construction of 37 units of bungalows at Section 25, Shah Alam, Selangor.
• Building & construction of 94 units of commercial lots at
Precinct 12, Bdr. Setia Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor.
• Building & construction of Mewahan9 Residences at Mukim Semenyih, Selangor.
- 60 units of low-cost apartments
- 60 units of medium-cost apartments
- Building of carparks and shop lots
• Proposed construction of Seria88 - 94-Unit of Commercial Offices at Bandar Setia Alam, Shah Alam, Selangor.
Along with YWC's 50th anniversary, The Company has been awarded with more contracts in the property & infrastructure development sector.
Among the awarded projects are:
• Construction and completion Main Water Supply Pipe Works To The Proposed Port Klang Free Trade Zone, Pulau Indah, Selangor.
• Construction and completion of earthworks at Mukim Talam, Pahang.
• Site clearance, earthworks, detention pond, main drain and ancillary works at Mukim Ijok, Kuala selangor.
• Upgrading works for Kapar - Klang Highway, Selangor.
• Structural design, construction and building of Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI) Campus.
• Infrastructure Works for Tanjung Malim, Perak:
- Water reticulation work
- Sewer reticulation work
- 720,000 gallon reservoir & drainage works.
• Building & construction of 20-storey serviced apartment at Jalan Tun Razak, KL.
• Building, infrastructure and associated works for Sin Chew Jit
Poh Press building, Section 13, P.Jaya, Selangor.
• Construction & completion of 108 units of 2½-storey Semi-D houses at Bkt. Jelutong, Shah Alam, Selangor.
• Repairing & upgrading works of Low Yat Plaza building, K.L:
- Tile replacement work.
- Repairing & replacing of existing water proofing structure.
- Replacement of pavers aroung the Boulevard area.
- Replacement of wiring, cables & switchboards.
- External wall cleaning and repairing.
- Landscaping works
With more than 30 years in the Construction Industry, the Company begins to reach new markets. From being the main Contractor in water supply works, YWC begins tapping into the property & infrastructure development sector.
This is evident with successful property development projects undertaken. Among the major projects are:
• PKNS Single Storey Property Development & Water Supply Works at Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor.
• Construction & completion of suction tank reservoir and reticulation mains for Arab-Malaysian Industrial Park, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.
• Batang Padang (FELDA), Perak - Water supply works & construction of water treatment plant.
• Teknology Park Malaysia, Bkt. Jalil - Construction & completion of main water supply works.
• Construction & completion of Sekolah Menengah Pandan Indah, Ampang, Selangor.
1996 - 1999
Other projects conducted and completed by the Company between 1996 - 1999 are:
• Water Reticulation Works at Mukim Tanjung Kupang, Johor.
• Water Reticulation Works (Construction & Maintenance) at Malaysia-Singapore Custom Immigration Complex, Johor.
• Water Reticulation Works at the Overhead Brigde Restaurant (Southbound), Ayer Keroh North-South Toll Expressway, Melaka.
• Water Reticulation Works for Monterez Golf & Country Club, Shah Alam, Selangor.
• The Construction of 18ML RC Reservoir for Guthrie Property Development Holdings Sdn Bhd, Bukit Jelutong.
• Water Supply Works (upgrading and widening) at Jalan Sungai Besi, Selangor.
• Road & Water Supply Works (upgrading and widening) from Serdang to Puchong (Laluan B16), Selangor.
• Main Infrastructure Works for Zone C (Precinct 3,4,5 and 11) at Mukim Serendah, Hulu Selangor, Selangor.
• Sg. Linggi Scheme - Laying of 8 miles of 12in. diameter pipes
• Muar Water Supply, Johor
- Laying of 17 miles of 28in. diameter pipes.
- Laying of 19 miles of 15in. diameter AC pipes.
• Dindings Water Supply Works, Perak
- Laying of 27 miles of 18-38in. diameter pipes.
- Laying of 26 miles of 18in. diameter AC pipes.
Yip Wai Chee Sdn Bhd was incorporated in 1982.
1983 - 1989
The Company further expanded its business in water supply projects throughout Malaysia.
Among the successfully completed projects are:
• Sg. Siput Water Supply - Raw water pipeline & ancillary works.
• West Johor Water Supply - Construction of pipelines & associated works.
• Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor - Construction of reservoir, pumping station & pipelines.
Since its inception, YWC continues to grow and expand. The Company has successfully managed several water supply projects in the Klang Valley region between 1960-1979.
Population was slowly and gradually growing in the Klang Valley, and so is development. Hence, there was also a growing demand for systematic water supply and piping systems in this region. The Company has since ventured into more specialised services to meet demands.
Among the specialised services are:
• Pipeline Construction
• Treatment & Reservoir Plants
• Utilities Pipe Jacking Works
• Underground Pipeline Construction
List of successful completed water work projects:
• Sg. Langat Scheme Stage 1, Selangor - Laying of distribution mains comprising 7 miles of 27-43in. diameter pipes.
• Batu Pahat Water Supply, Johor - Laying of 18 miles of 24-27in. diameter pipes.
• Sg. Langat Scheme Stage 2, Selangor - Laying of 18 miles of 34in. & 42in. diameter pipes.
Mr. Yip Wai Chee founded the company, as a sole proprietorship mainly as a contractor dealing in water supply works.